The new Windows DUC (Dynamic Update Client) is almost ready. We’d like to invite anyone interested in trying out the beta to download it and give it a whirl. Please let us know what you think about it and if there is anything you can think of or if you run into any bugs please let us know. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to comment.
Some of the new features of the Windows DUC include:
- Modern Interface, bye bye to the smileys
- Client Tracking – A new feature coming to the site (although the web interface is not available just yet) giving some control to the client from our website, great for users managing multiple update clients.
- Secure key based authentication, no passwords will be stored on the end user computer
- Notifications of expiring services
- DNS based IP check, less overhead when polling for your current WAN IP address
Download version 3.0.0b today!
Take it for a spin and let us know what you think!