1. No-IP was founded in 1999 in a college apartment at Sonoma State.
2. No-IP’s first office was a 100sq/ft unit in Sorrento Mesa, CA.
3. We’re a curious bunch and like to try new things like Surströmming.
4. Nerf guns are now banned at the office as we take things too far. A few employees modified them to shoot a lot faster than they should.
5. For the first 4 years, our CEO was doing technical support and still works with the Customer Success team directly.
6. No-IP started as a school project.
7. All employees once feared for their lives due to an angry hawk just outside the office.
8. We once had a toilet on the roof of our building, placed there by as a practical joke.
9. Company outings have included skiing, go-karting, kayaking, and UTV’ing.
10. Two employees share the same birthday.
11. Speaking of birthdays, one of our birthday traditions is taping a 40-ounce beer to your hand. We also have a few other traditions like choosing the company lunch that week, a happy hour with your favorite cocktail, and even nothing, since not everyone has the same feelings about birthdays.
12. Office pranks have included a desk covered in sod (grass), an Annoy-a-Tron hid in the ceiling vent, outlet socket and a hollowed out book for months, changing someones DNS settings to make Reddit go to Google and Google resolve to Bing, the least favorite is when someone ruins an entire Costco size container of Jelly Belly’s by putting a box of Beanboozled Jelly Beans in it.
13. We had a donut eating contest once. The winner ate 7 donuts in 10 minutes.
14. We host an annual company-wide hack-a-thon called Snotty’s Bakeoff.
15. We have a yearly holiday party, that is the jam. This year it was a 1920′s Murder Mystery themed party and someone died (but not really).
16. Deven is secretly a professional basketball player. He sinks free throws all day.
17. We accept BTC and Latin American payments.
18. Careless Whisper is running on an amazing saxophone 10-hour loop in our bathrooms as is the Stranger Things theme song.
19. Rebecca Black and Guy on a Buffalo are beloved characters and both are ringtones that one of our Software Engineer uses
20. We have a No-IP Reef tank. We also had a Mac Plus that we gutted and put a fish tank in.
21. No-IP used to name all of their servers after tire companies. Some of the names were: Goodyear, Dunlop, Nitto, Nexen, Michelin, Pirelli, and Toyo.
22. No-IP’s original core hardware has been repurposed as a coffee table.
23. We have company-sponsored lunches every Tuesday and Friday.
24. We like to have fun. In the office, we have two pinball machines, a foosball machine, basketball hoop and a ping pong table. Therefore, productivity levels are low some days.
25. We host our Giving Thanks Food and Toy Drive every December. This year was our biggest donation ever. We donated over $5000 in food and toys thanks to our generous employees and family.
BONUS: Snotty Ron is our mascot. I’m impressed.