Typically, people don’t think of 23 as a milestone birthday – There are no birthday decorations with “23” printed on them at the party store. However, there are some things that are turning 23 that might surprise you:
- The infectious hit “I Want it That Way” by the Backstreet Boys was released
- The movie “The Matrix” starring Keanu Reeves came out in theaters
- The USB flash drive was invented
- The 1st wiki was introduced to the world
- No-IP was founded by Dan Durrer in his dorm room in college!
A friendly message from our founder, Dan:
“It’s crazy to think that 23 years ago, No-IP was built in the closet of my college apartment with a couple of friends on a hand-built Linux PC assembled over a few paychecks, running off one of the first DSL lines available in Sonoma County. To now, running in data centers all around the world backed by a much larger team of amazing people, we still stay true to our roots of helping people connect and share things online. I’m excited for what’s in store for No-IP and our customers.”
A great big “Thank you” to all our customers past and present who have chosen us as their Dynamic DNS provider. We’ve made it this far because of you!
In honor of our 23rd birthday, we are hosting a giveaway! 23 people will win a $23 No-IP Credit. To enter the contest, follow the directions below.