We are looking for a bright, passionate and dedicated manager with clearly demonstrated initiative and a history of success in their past positions to join our growing team as an Engineering Team Manager. Candidates should have a deep passion for technical leadership, collaborativeness and the qualifications to lead our core engineering team in a motivating and fun environment. This leader will focus on driving innovative ideas and new solutions within the team and implementing engineering best practices into the organization.
- Lead a team of engineers with a focus and passion on quality driven development capabilities and best practices.
- Set performance expectations of team members, guide career development and mentor their success in career growth.
- Dissect company goals into specific, clear, and coordinated tasks for each member of the Engineering team.
- Leverage management skills to focus team on delivery by increasing velocity and reducing errors in production
- Manage the day-to-day activities of a team of engineers within a collaborative and Agile/Scrum work environment.
- Understand No-IP’s code base in a sufficient manner to be able to determine the most effective engineering solutions.
- Keep current on coding skills to assist in the design, coding and running of systems.
- Perform code reviews, implement and understand coding standards and complexities.
- Ask questions to the team that stimulates brainstorming and alignment of all team members.
- Provide technical leadership while contributing to the innovative process of your team.
- Work closely with the Product Manager and Chief Architect to develop and implement new product features.
- Be the product owner for the engineering team and consistently achieve release schedules.
- Create and foster a dynamic, collaborative and fun team environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution; advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of Object Oriented Programming experience with recent experience in modern practices and deployment. Expertise in PHP, Python, and/or Ruby are a huge plus.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant management and project leadership experience.
- Demonstrated experience in successful implementation of core concepts of agile.
- Proven track record of leading a team to successfully build products that were scalable and stable.
- Experience working in and promoting a continuous integration environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Join the No-IP Team
We are looking for bright, passionate and dedicated people with clearly demonstrated initiative and a history of success in their past positions to join our growing team.
Who is No-IP?
We are a small company with a bold vision of becoming the solution that the world uses to connect and interact with their devices. We work hard as a team to build services everyone can be proud of. Our mindset and passion has helped No-IP grow and thrive. Over the past 15 years, we have matured into a stable company that maintains the best parts of a start-up culture.
No-IP was recently awarded a spot on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest Growing Companies for the 3rd year in a row. The Inc. 5000 is a prestigious list that ranks the country's top 5000 fastest-growing private companies across all industries. We are among 21 other companies based in Nevada to make the list and are one of only 4 Nevada companies to make the list three consecutive years in a row. Our team works extremely hard to continue growing our company and thriving in a competitive industry.
Culture at No-IP
Our team is a fast paced and innovative group that is results driven. Everyone on the team is responsible for multiple job functions within the company. We are looking for people who are self-starters, enjoy managing their own projects and workloads, while also working creatively with a team of people for the success of the company. If you are the type of person who thrives on being able to execute an idea on your own, then this is the place for you. Located in Reno, Nevada just minutes from the outdoor mecca of Lake Tahoe and a few hours from San Francisco, No-IP’s office feels like something you would see in Silicon Valley. Here are a couple of highlights:
- Open workspace with private breakout areas and standup desks
- Generous PTO Package including a week long office closure to reset and enjoy the holidays
- Fully stocked kitchen and breakroom - snacks on snacks on snacks
- Company-hosted lunch twice per week
- Pinball, Foosball & Basketball
- Special birthday traditions
- The ability to build products for customers in over 180 countries across the world
- Join a team that is truly passionate about the company and our mission.