The purpose of this guide is to provide you with general instructions for configuring Mail Reflector on your domain name.
Note: We will not start holding mail until the MX records are set.
If you are not using No-IP as your Managed DNS provider, follow these steps to configure your Mail Reflector service:
- Login to the DNS provider of your domain and set the MX records to the following:
- Mail1.no-ip.com – priority 5
- Mail2.no-ip.com – priority 10
To configure your domain properly with Mail Reflector, follow these steps:
- Login to your No-IP account
- Click “My Services” and then “Email”
- Click “Configure” next to the Mail Reflector for your domain
- Enter your mail server’s hostname and port
- Click Update
- You can use test to ensure the port is open and a mail server is responding
- Verify your MX records are set correctly by going to “DNS Records” in the left navigation menu
- Click “Modify” next to the domain you want to verify the MX records of Mail Reflector on
- Ensure the following MX records are listed as towards the bottom of the modification screen
- Mail1.no-ip.com – Priority 5
- Mail2.no-ip.com – Priority 10
Mail Reflector ensures that you won’t lose any emails that are received if your mail server experiences downtime. As well as will scan all messages sent to you for spam and virus and send them to your server on an alternate port.
If your mail server becomes unavailable, our mail server will accept and hold your emails. Once your mail server becomes available again, we will deliver your emails to your mail server.
Our servers will check to see if your server is up on a sliding interval starting at 5 minutes to 45 minutes, depending on how long your server is down.
Please ensure that your mail server is functioning properly before you put it back online. If your server is responsive but rejects a message we try to deliver, those messages will be returned as undeliverable (bounced) to the sender. No-IP does not keep copies of undeliverable/bounced emails.
Emails for the domain will be held for up to 7 days. If you know that your server will be down for more than seven days please contact us. Without special arrangements, our server will automatically return emails to the sender if they are not delivered within 7 days.