Exchange 2000 / 2003:
To change the SMTP listening port on a server that is running 2000 or 2003 from port 25 to another port (for example: port 2525) follow these steps:
- Start the Exchange System Manager.
- Locate and click “Server Name”, click “Protocols” and then click “SMTP”.
- Right click the Default SMTP Virtual Server object, and then click “Properties”.
- On the “General” tab, click the “Advanced”button, click the “Edit” button, and then set the “Transmission Control Protocol” (TCP) port to 2525 (or whatever new value you require).
Exchange 2007 uses RECEIVE and SEND connectors (one for receiving mail and the other for sending mail), so it will be necessary to change the RECEIVE connector.
To reach the RECEIVE connector in the Exchange Management Console navigate to:
- Hub Transport
- Local IP Addresses (Edit Receive Connector Binding)
Did you find this guide helpful? Find more just like this on your Knowledge Base.