So, you have finally decided to register your very own domain. Maybe you are starting your own company, or you just want a place on the web to call your own. Follow these tips for choosing the right domain!
1. Easy to Remember. With an easy to remember domain, your customers, friends, blog readers, etc will be able to easily reach your site without much thought. For individuals, a great place to start is simply your very own name.
2. If your domain is already taken, don’t fret! You can always register other TLDs instead of the .com version… and if you really had your heart set on a .com, think of other creative names. Don’t limit yourself, the options are endless.
3. Keep it short and sweet. Domains have the ability to have up to 63 characters, but that does not mean you should. Shorter domains are easier to type and remember.
4. Be different. Don’t choice a domain that has the possibility of having a copyright infringement. (i.e. www.taco-bell.com) Check out
5. Say your domain out loud and see how it sounds. If your domain rolls off the tongue and is easily understood, you have a winner. Your domain will be the main focus of marketing and sales, so this is major. If you can’t easily pronounce it and you have yourself and others saying “what did you say? or “how do you spell that?” then choose another.
6. And last but not least, beware of the domains that read like the following:
Leave your questions and comments below! As always, share this on Facebook and Twitter!