Generating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) using Apache via Ensim Webppliance 3.1.x
Please note, as of January 2011, all CSR’s must be generated with a key length of 2048
- Login to the “Site Administrator” or “Appliance Administrator” and select the site to administer.
- Select “Services”.
- Select the “Actions” box next to Apache Web Server and then select “SSL Settings”.
- Select “Generate” and fill in the required details, the site name will automatically be entered into the Common Name field, ensure this is correct and contains the Fully Qualified Domain Name (e.g. secure.NetworkSolutions.com, www.NetworkSolutions.com, support.NetworkSolutions.com).
- Select “Save” and you are presented with the RSA Key and the Certificate Request (CSR).
- Copy the Certificate Request into a text editor, this will be required when you purchase your certificate.
- Do not delete this request as it will be needed during the installation of your SSL certificate.
Still have questions? Feel free to contact our support team for additional help.