You can change your name servers using the “Change Name Servers” area of your Domain Control Panel.
To Access the Domain Control Panel:
- Visit your Business Control Panel http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/services/ page. You will be asked to log in if you haven’t already done so.
- Once logged in, you will see modules for each of your domain names on the “Manage My Services” page. Select the “Domain Control Panel” link that corresponds to the domain whose record you wish to edit.
To Change Name Servers:
- Click the “Manage Advanced DNS Settings” link on your Domain Control Panel.
- Click the “Change Name Servers” button.
- Do the following:
- Replace the primary and secondary name server host names with those of your new domain name host. (You may not need to enter the IP addresses of the name servers. In most cases, only the host name of the name servers is required.)
- Click the “Submit” button.
Note: These instructions may be out of date. Please consult your DNS providers if these instructions don’t seem accurate.
You’ll return to the “Advanced DNS Settings” page, and your new name server will appear in the name servers list. While your changes will appear in the name servers within minutes, please be aware that it can take 24 to 48 hours for new records to propagate to all name servers on the Internet.
If you decide to change your name servers, and you currently pay for a service other than Yahoo! Domains, you may want to consider downgrading your plan so as not to pay for services you have rendered inactive by changing DNS servers.