To generate a CSR for Microsoft IIS 7.0 perform the following steps:
- Select start on your toolbar. In the search bar type “Run”. In the pop-up that appears type MMC. This should bring up the Microsoft common Console Document or “certmgr.msc”.
- In certmgr, select “File” in the tool bar and follow this path: Add / Remove Snap-In > Certificates > Add > Computer Account > Local Computer.
- You will want to select Certificates then OK.
- Open the “Personal” dropdown and right-click Certificates and follow this path: All Tasks > Advanced Operations > Create custom request then Next.
- Now you’ll click “Proceed without enrollment policy” and Next again.
- You want to select No Template CNG key and under the dropdown select PKCS #10. Once again select Next.
- Click on “Details” then Properties > Click on the “Subject” tab.
- You will need to select the following types on the dropdown on the left, add the value then add it to the right side:
Go to the SSL Certificates page in your No-IP account and click on “Add CSR” Select your server and Copy and paste the entire contents of the text file into the box. Note: Open the file in a text editor that does not add extra characters (Notepad is recommended).