Below is a step by step guide on how to enable Dynamic DNS with No-IP in a Synology Device.
- On your Synology device Dashboard click “Control Panel”.
- Locate and click “External Access” under “Connectivity”.
- Locate and click “DDNS”
- Locate No-IP from the drop-down menu showcasing the Service Providers and input your No-IP account information.
- Enter your No-IP Account information
Service Provider: No-IP.com
Hostname: The hostname that you created with No-IP
Username: The email address or username of your No-IP account
Password: Your No-IP account password
External address: Leave blank
Instead of using your No-IP account credentials, you can create and use DDNS Keys. They offer increased account security and better update client compatibility.
Click “Ok” and your done. Your hostname should have been updated to your network’s external IP address. If you’re setting up a remote connection to your synology, your next step will be to port forward.
- If you are using Groups, please use the following format for the login credentials: groupname%3Ausername
- If you test the connection and if it fails, please remove any special characters from your password in your No-IP account under Account > Account Info > Change Password. Special characters are not accepted by all devices, and may be causing the issue.