We are looking for an experienced system engineer to develop, enhance and maintain No-IP's core infrastructure. This role has both system administration and development aspects. We are a network service provider focused on dynamic DNS, and are extending into other service offerings.
- Develop a solid understanding of No-IP products, infrastructure, architecture, and business model.
- Maintain compute infrastructure, which includes virtualization systems, network gear, a hierarchy of DNS servers, web servers and ancillary systems, such as databases, mail servers, logging and analytics systems, caches and other components of a distributed compute stack.
- Write and maintain core parts of our infrastructure. Many of the network services we provide were written in-house.
- Utilize existing and create new automation. We use a variety of tools to ease the administration of our systems.
- Assist with moving legacy systems to modern infrastructure.
- Linux system administration: We are primarily an Ubuntu-based shop, although we are always open to exploring other systems. The specific skills are: experience with the command line, shell scripting, Git and SSH.
- Configuration management: In addition to "hand administration", we need experience with configuration management tools. Currently we have a mix of Salt, Terraform, Kubernetes, and home-grown tools.
- Hybrid-cloud infrastructure: we use AWS as well as bare-metal with Linux virtualization. Experience with virtualized compute, storage, and networking is ideal. We have other VM providers for applications that are less centralized, so flexibility in learning different vendors' systems is essential.
- Virtualization tools: Or primary virtualization technology is Proxmox, and we use Docker and Docker Compose extensively. Kubernetes will be a major part of future efforts. Experience with a few of these (or willingness to dig in and learn them) is crucial.
- Software development: The infrastructure software we've written is in Rust, Go, PHP, Python, Perl, UNIX shell and C, so a background in system-oriented languages is important.
- Communication: Must be able and inclined to share ideas, bring up problems, discuss solutions and technological directions. No-IP has a fairly large and diverse infrastructure, so knowledge sharing is a critical part of what we do.
Join the No-IP Team
We are looking for bright, passionate and dedicated people with clearly demonstrated initiative and a history of success in their past positions to join our growing team.
Who is No-IP?
We are a small company with a bold vision of becoming the solution that the world uses to connect and interact with their devices. We work hard as a team to build services everyone can be proud of. Our mindset and passion has helped No-IP grow and thrive. Over the past 15 years, we have matured into a stable company that maintains the best parts of a start-up culture.
Culture at No-IP
Our team is a fast paced and innovative group that is results driven. Everyone on the team is responsible for multiple job functions within the company. We are looking for people who are self-starters, enjoy managing their own projects and workloads, while also working creatively with a team of people for the success of the company. If you are the type of person who thrives on being able to execute an idea on your own, then this is the place for you. Located in Reno, Nevada just minutes from the outdoor mecca of Lake Tahoe and a few hours from San Francisco, No-IP’s office feels like something you would see in Silicon Valley. Here are a couple of highlights:
- Open workspace with private breakout areas and standup desks
- Generous PTO Package including a week long office closure to reset and enjoy the holidays
- Fully stocked kitchen and breakroom - snacks on snacks on snacks
- Company-hosted lunch twice per week
- Pinball, Foosball & Basketball
- Special birthday traditions
- The ability to build products for customers in over 180 countries across the world
- Join a team that is truly passionate about the company and our mission