We are looking for an experienced system engineer to develop, enhance and maintain No-IP's core infrastructure. This role has both system administration and development aspects. We are a network service provider focused on dynamic DNS, and are extending into other service offerings.
- Develop a solid understanding of No-IP products, infrastructure, architecture, and business model.
- Maintain compute infrastructure, which includes virtualization systems, network gear, a hierarchy of DNS servers, web servers and ancillary systems, such as databases, mail servers, logging and analytics systems, caches and other components of a distributed compute stack.
- Write and maintain core parts of our infrastructure. Many of the network services we provide were written in-house.
- Utilize existing and create new automation. We use a variety of tools to ease the administration of our systems.
- Assist with moving legacy systems to modern infrastructure.
- Linux system administration: We are primarily an Ubuntu-based shop, although we are always open to exploring other systems. The specific skills are: experience with the command line, shell scripting, Git and SSH.
- Configuration management: In addition to "hand administration", we need experience with configuration management tools. Currently we have a mix of Salt, Terraform, Kubernetes, and home-grown tools.
- Hybrid-cloud infrastructure: we use AWS as well as bare-metal with Linux virtualization. Experience with virtualized compute, storage, and networking is ideal. We have other VM providers for applications that are less centralized, so flexibility in learning different vendors' systems is essential.
- Virtualization tools: Or primary virtualization technology is Proxmox, and we use Docker and Docker Compose extensively. Kubernetes will be a major part of future efforts. Experience with a few of these (or willingness to dig in and learn them) is crucial.
- Software development: The infrastructure software we've written is in Rust, Go, PHP, Python, Perl, UNIX shell and C, so a background in system-oriented languages is important.
- Communication: Must be able and inclined to share ideas, bring up problems, discuss solutions and technological directions. No-IP has a fairly large and diverse infrastructure, so knowledge sharing is a critical part of what we do.
Join the No-IP Team
We are looking for bright, passionate and dedicated people with clearly demonstrated initiative and a history of success in their past positions to join our growing team.
Who is No-IP?
We are a small company with a bold vision of unlocking the potential of the internet. We work hard as a team to deliver solutions built on DNS that help the world connect, name, and share things online. Our mindset and passion has helped No-IP grow and thrive. Over the past 20 years, we have matured into a stable company that maintains the best parts of a start-up culture.
Culture at No-IP
Our team is a fast paced and innovative group that is results driven. Everyone on the team is responsible for multiple job functions within the company. We are looking for people who are self-starters, enjoy managing their own projects and workloads, while also working creatively with a team of people for the success of the company. We owe this success to our 5 Core Values, that act as guiding principles in everything we do:
- Get S* Done
- Bring Up Others
- Do Great Things
- Always Be Learning
- Have Fun
If these core values resonate with you, we would love for you to join our team! Located in Reno, Nevada just minutes from the outdoor mecca of Lake Tahoe and a few hours from San Francisco, No-IP offers amazing opportunities. Here are a few highlights:
- Competitive Salary
- 401k including company matching
- 20 days of PTO Generous insurance package that includes Health, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 9 paid Holidays plus a week long office closure at the holidays to reset and enjoy time with loved ones
- Profit Sharing Participation: bonuses based on company profits
- Capital Proceed Participation: share in the proceeds with employee in the event of a sale or merger
- Professional development reimbursement
- The ability to build products for customers in over 180 countries across the world
- Join a team that is truly passionate about the company and our mission