Join the No-IP Team
We are looking for bright, passionate and dedicated people with clearly demonstrated initiative and a history of success in their past positions to join our growing team.
Who is No-IP?
We are a small company with a bold vision of becoming the solution that the world uses to connect and interact with their devices. We work hard as a team to build services everyone can be proud of. Our mindset and passion has helped No-IP grow and thrive. Over the past 15 years, we have matured into a stable company that maintains the best parts of a start-up culture.
No-IP was recently awarded a spot on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest Growing Companies for the 3rd year in a row. The Inc. 5000 is a prestigious list that ranks the country's top 5000 fastest-growing private companies across all industries. We are among 21 other companies based in Nevada to make the list and are one of only 4 Nevada companies to make the list three consecutive years in a row. Our team works extremely hard to continue growing our company and thriving in a competitive industry.
We are looking for a Technical Writer / Blogger to generate engaging, original content for our website. This person will research topics and develop interesting posts that will appeal to our target audience to place a renewed focus on our blog. This person will develop content around trending technologies related to our industry, news/opinions, how-to guides, white papers, and other tech coverage.
The ideal blogger will bring an authoritative understanding of these topics, with the ability to explain things in a way that both a highly technical and entry level person will understand. You should be a skilled, tech-savvy writer who preferably has extensive Knowledge of DNS, Computer / Internet technologies, networking, coding languages, and sysadmin experience.
You will be asked to create appealing, insightful posts that will reach and grow our audience.
To succeed as a Blogger, you should be focused on generating and composing interesting content that helps our customers be more successful while expanding our readership. You should be creative, adaptable, and analytical with excellent writing skills and a unique voice.
- Pitch and write between 1 - 3 posts per month
- Must be on the cutting edge of his or her specific field and willing to provide quick turnaround on topics that are trending
- Willing to foster discussion about these topics through comments and social media
- This position will work closely with the Marketing Manager on a weekly basis pitching ideas and occasionally receiving assignments to write content for certain topics, knowledge base guides or other items needed.
- This position is freelance, work from home position.
- Exceptional writing, research, and communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of SEO with a proven track record of results
- Self starter - ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Ability to learn independently
- Creativity and adaptability with the ability to solicit feedback from team members to improve the quality of blogs/technical writing.
- Strong understanding of our target audience and industry trends.
- Track record of developing and implementing a content strategy that has increased readership.
- Self-starter who has the drive to work independently with feedback from the marketing manager
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of email servers and clients
- Knowledge of DNS
- Knowledge of cable modems and routers
- Ability to setup a home network
- Knowledge of Apache, IIS, Exchange
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems including Windows, Linux and Mac OS X
- Knowledge of internet protocol such as SSH, FTP and HTTP
- Ability to use diagnostic tools such as dig, traceroute, telnet and nslookup
- Ability to speak multiple languages