We are looking for an experienced engineer to own IT operations at our Reno office and assist with operations on our global network. This includes employee equipment and support, as well as a small on-site datacenter, Internet access for building tenants, and building security systems. This role will work closely with No-IP departments to ensure they have the equipment and tech resources they need.
- Develop a solid understanding of No-IP products, infrastructure, architecture, and business model.
- Maintain expert knowledge of industry best practices and stay up-to-date with advances
- Maintain all technologies relating to our building such as phone system, networking, alarms, Zoom rooms
- Maintain employee support infrastructure hardware and software, such as Gitlab, Jamf, security appliances and other networking gear.
- Technology for employee onboarding / offboarding
- Documentation of procedures
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to internal IT
- Hardware inventory selection, purchasing, tracking, replacement
- Work with Chief Architect to define IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes
- Manage all IT infrastructure projects including third party vendors.
- Train employees on systems
- Linux system administration: comfortable on the command line, experience with SSH and Git, scripting, configuring and maintaining complex software
- Network administration: good understanding of common network configurations, routing, and security
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Openness to learning new things, working on whatever is needed, and adjusting to shifting priorities
Nice to Have
- Interest in becoming proficient in virtualization, infrastructure as code, and hybrid cloud solutions.
- Successful management of remote teams
- Experience with Python, SaltStack, Proxmox, KVM, LVM, iSCSI, iptables, Juniper hardware, Pulse Secure, Dell Enterprise, Ubiquiti, Supermicro, Wifi network design, Jamf, macOS, Atlassian Jira and Confluence, GSuite / Google Workspace, Duo Security, AAA security principles, Netbox, Elasticsearch, PHP, nginx, Apache, Docker, Kubernetes
Join the No-IP Team
We are looking for bright, passionate and dedicated people with clearly demonstrated initiative and a history of success in their past positions to join our growing team.
Who is No-IP?
We are a small company with a bold vision of unlocking the potential of the internet. We work hard as a team to deliver solutions built on DNS that help the world connect, name, and share things online. Our mindset and passion has helped No-IP grow and thrive. Over the past 20 years, we have matured into a stable company that maintains the best parts of a start-up culture.
Culture at No-IP
Our team is a fast paced and innovative group that is results driven. Everyone on the team is responsible for multiple job functions within the company. We are looking for people who are self-starters, enjoy managing their own projects and workloads, while also working creatively with a team of people for the success of the company. We owe this success to our 5 Core Values, that act as guiding principles in everything we do:
- Get S* Done
- Bring Up Others
- Do Great Things
- Always Be Learning
- Have Fun
If these core values resonate with you, we would love for you to join our team! Located in Reno, Nevada just minutes from the outdoor mecca of Lake Tahoe and a few hours from San Francisco, No-IP offers amazing opportunities. Here are a few highlights:
- Competitive Salary
- 401k including company matching
- 20 days of PTO Generous insurance package that includes Health, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 9 paid Holidays plus a week long office closure at the holidays to reset and enjoy time with loved ones
- Profit Sharing Participation: bonuses based on company profits
- Capital Proceed Participation: share in the proceeds with employee in the event of a sale or merger
- Professional development reimbursement
- The ability to build products for customers in over 180 countries across the world
- Join a team that is truly passionate about the company and our mission
Ready to start working with our team?
Please send your cover letter and resume in PDF format.Apply Now